HEADER MENU

Logo Background Image

Logo Background Image

never underestimate the power of effing shit up

By 3/11/2009


yesterday i reaffirmed my belief that when things break, all the they is a good smacking around to be fixed.

case in point - my camera broke a few weeks back. lens wouldn't focus. horrible beeping. no picture taking. this has happened to me at least 3 times now, and i'm tired of buying new cameras.

as my last course of action, i decided to thunk it with my palm. no dice. so i hit it against my shoe. then i banged it on my desk a few times. then i stood up, and chucked it as hard as i could onto the floor.

yup, you got it. works perfectly now.

12 comments

  1. I believe that's called "the Fonzarelli touch"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Its nice when it works out that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you smack around the economy a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My logic precisely.

    "Ahh. the power of a good bang:P"



    <3 sarasophia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. This is really the first day that I've read your blog. I know, where've I been? I love it! I just finished reading the post about Lindsey Lohan. I cried. The best thing I've read in a long time. I will be a regular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also known as "administering percussion therapy".

    ReplyDelete
  7. i thought i was the only one with "VCR syndrome" of the 80s. When in doubt, beat the sh*t out of electronics! (i tried to explain this philosophy to a friends husband once in regards to his deluxe dvd player not working and he looked at me dumbfounded. perhaps this is why i purchase dvd players at target.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this happened to me, in new zealand, there are three days i have no photos of...including sky diving! but like you i threw the camera and BAM...it opened

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was drawn to your blog frm the nyt article and have been following it ever since....this is the best one yet...fits my way of thinking to a tee:)

    ReplyDelete