HEADER MENU

Logo Background Image

Logo Background Image

whatchudoin

By 11/18/2018

hola amigos. it's a lovely afternoon Mexico - I just of now like one second ago recovered from a terrible illness that over the last 48 hours only allowed me to eat one of one half of a grilled cheese sandwich and 3 French fries.

if you've ever been on a trip with me, you know the detriment to my spirit this causes. i eat. i'm an eater. i get excited about food.  i put it in my mouth, i talk about it, i get more of it, i plan around it and i want it.

we do about 4 things in playa del carman: sleep, drink iced coffees with tad's sister and her polite spotted dog stella (front paws always crossed), shop at Zara, and EAT. we eat the most amazing northern italian food, we eat crusty pizza with hot sauce from street vendors, we eat sushi, and scrape salty shrimp paella from the bottom of the pan at a fantastic spanish restaurant, and queso fundita with mushrooms, and eggs, lord, we eat the most delicious fluffy scrambled eggs with boursin from a french bakery. so this was a blow.

i laid in bed with dh Khaled (aren't they all him now?) hits thumping from the pool below, watching cnn on mute and pretty much dying of stomach death, head death and body ache death and i missed two days of eating. but as of this afternoon, i've paid my dues to the karma gods for my continued failure to go get my car renewed (I just can't make it happen), and i made it to tulum, alive and a little bit hungry and working on my laptop by the ocean in a zip up one-piece looking like damn carmen electra in Baywatch because I'm maybe probably lost 1 pound. SO I AM THRIVING.

that's just me. what else. furbish's pop-up artist this week is Hayley Mitchell. we've had the pleasure of working with her for several pop-ups now, and it's great that her art keeps evolving, and it seems like she's really finding her vibe. i did it. this collection of faces -- i want to call them busts, because her work is taking on this cool classical vibe, and the subjects just feel more statue-esque to me. more greek and yet more modern. i think a few hung in a set in the right frame would be killer. there are several sizes, smallest around 6", and largest around $2500 (the big ones are such an amazing size for a statement piece - 22" x 30").

aren't these pretty?

the sale goes live this tuesday at 12pm est. the last thing to tell you is that i am working on the most epic series of giveaways for my blog readers this december. and i do not play. i'm putting together the raddest collection of gifts, all 115% things i love (and things i do) ((and places go))! and 12 lucky winners are gonna get to share some of my absolute favorites - here's a hint: from head to toe, from coast to coast, and from tiny splurges to extra-large luxuries, it's gonna be a fun time.

0 comments