HEADER MENU

Logo Background Image

Logo Background Image

a few updates

By 4/17/2009

so here's the mess i picked up off the street and used 54 cans of spray paint on


to end up with this



and is making a great neighbor beside this bookcase in the basement of dreams and guacamole


i love bookcases, have i told you that lately?

in unrelated news, there is a large contingent of window boxes outside the kitchen now:
]
we're growing dill, cilantro, basil, mint, chives, catnip and assorted lettuces.

10 comments

  1. love it!! free things are always extra exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I NEVER see stuff like that on the street around here. You must get to it first!
    2. My boyfriend and I give each other hardback books for gifts so that we can one day have a fantastic book shelf! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally dig the typewriter and the zig-zag afgan (just like my grandma used to make!). Spray-paint is a girl's best friend in my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come when I spray paint something it looks all...spraypainty, but when you spraypaint something it looks brand new?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. possibly b/c i literally used about 20 cans. of high gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I am so jealous. I have absolutely no storage in my student apartment. Seriously, I keep my socks in my nightstand.

    It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a GREAT find. really love it, shelves, doors, hinged closure, and all! also, your "basement of dreams and guacamole" sounds magical (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm a little late with this, but I have a question about your pretty windowboxes. I love the look but haven't put up windowboxes of my own yet because I'm worried about dirt-colored runoff staining the walls underneath? Don't see anything like that in your photos, but wondering if you've noticed anything. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you just straight up spray paint it? Like, don't sand or anything?
    New to the blog & love it!

    ReplyDelete